- vice president
- SunGard’s Ambit Risk & Performance Management
Andreas Hug is responsible for product strategy for SunGard’s Ambit Risk & Performance Management solution suite. Mr. Hug has worked in the financial services industry for more than 16 years. He joined SunGard in 2000, following the acquisition of AlmafinJaeger, a Swiss ALM consulting and systems company for which he was president.
Andreas Hug is an expert on issues surrounding market, credit and operational risk management, particularly asset liability management and Basel II. Prior to his leadership roles at AlmafinJaeger and SunGard, Mr. Hug held various positions within the financial services industry including mortgage origination at UBS and re-insurance at Winterthur Insurance. These experiences make him a valuable commentator on issues surrounding risk management, particularly asset liability management and Basel II.
The bank of the future will be able to dynamically and flexibly price risk with an eye toward its true economic value. Focus on four key areas can move a bank of any size towards this goal:
- Interrelated risk management. Taking into consideration key dimensions such as credit, market, operational, liquidity, business and correlation risks
- Economic capital for market, credit and operational risk (ICAAP), feeding risk-adjusted return on capital (RAROC) measures
- Optimized profitability, incorporating treasury and product contributions, down to the transaction and relationship level
- Active reduction of earnings volatility through credit derivative hedging and risk and spread trading