- vice president
- SunGard’s Institutional Asset Management business
As vice president of SunGard’s Institutional Asset Management business, Didier Roubinet delivers global direction for Asset Arena product development. Previously, as head of strategy, Mr. Roubinet was instrumental in the launch of Asset Arena in 2007. Mr. Roubinet has more than 20 years of experience in financial services and software, beginning his career in 1986 with a subsidiary of Brussels Lambert bank specializing in derivatives trading. Mr. Roubinet was co-founder of Decalog in 1989, which SunGard acquired in 1999, and has driven European business development for this front-office software suite, which includes real-time position keeping, order management, market connectivity, compliance and performance measurement.
The pace of change in the investment industry is accelerating, driven by five core trends:
- Consolidation via mergers & acquisitions
- Convergence in multiple areas, including alternative and traditional assets, middle- and back-office operations and exception management and order management systems (EMS/OMS)
- Compliance at national, regional, and global levels
- Complexity of markets, including OTC derivatives, business process automation and workflows and complex system user roles
- Core competencies vs. the trend towards outsourcing
As today's investment management business becomes increasingly demanding, how can asset managers continue to produce greater returns while keeping pace with growing demands, including increased agility, greater global presence, improved flexibility, greater expertise and an increasing focus on sustainability.