Aligne For Energy Financial Traders
With the collapse of Enron and the demise of the large energy merchants in the early 2000s, energy trading reverted to owners of physical assets. This took liquidity from the market and created a vacuum that financial institutions, hedge funds and other fund owners stepped in to fill. Today a broad range of asset classes and a multitude of energy financial instruments provide diversity to commodity portfolios and help to sustain liquidity in the energy markets.
Financial traders participate in the market for both speculative and hedging purposes supported by the ability to transfer complex risks for price, time, volume, counterparty and weather. Electronic exchanges, instant messages and one-to-many portals facilitate higher trading volumes and a variety of data sources provide increased transparency for energy financials trading. A need for efficiency and control drives straight-through processing requirements. SunGard’s Aligne provides the transaction backbone, reporting and decision support tools to help financial traders meet these challenges.
- Captures multi-commodity deals and flows to settlement, risk metrics, credit and reporting
- Covers gas, power, crude oil, coal, biomass, emissions, weather, renewables, metals, heat, and freight futures, options and other instruments
- Integrates market data for pricing and valuations
- Manages position keeping and accounting
- Provides configurable risk calculations and reporting
- Supports FAS 133 and IAS 39 hedge accounting rules
- Delivers real-time and on-demand output to a variety of decision support tools including dashboards, reports, data cubes and data marts
- Streamlines trading for timely decision-making
- Supports compliance for audit and regulatory reporting
- Facilitates understanding of risk factors and definition of trading strategies
Brochures & Datasheets
Related Products & Services
Aligne is a multi-commodity software solution suite that helps energy companies to more efficiently and profitably trade and market energy, process transactions, manage risk, and optimize operational and financial decisions.
Aligne BI and Decision Support
Aligne BI and Decision Support helps energy trading organizations to more effectively manage risk, optimize decisions and increase revenues.
Aligne Configurable Risk
Aligne Configurable Risk provides a range of tools for measuring risks related to value, interest rates, foreign exchanges, volumetric risk, cash flow and earnings
Aligne Front and Middle Office
Aligne Front and Middle Office helps enable energy companies to efficiently manage risk by integrating all the data from their trading operations.
Aligne Global Back Office
Aligne Global Back Office helps streamline day-to-day functions, supporting back-office personnel with invoicing, settlement and adjustments in the currency of the transaction.
Aligne Integration and Interface
Aligne Integration and Interface provides seamless integration between Aligne components and 3rd party systems to help enable end-to-end business processes and Straight-Through Processing (STP).