In times of reduced margins and rising regulatory costs, fund administrators are under more pressure than ever to deliver competitive fund accounting and administrative services for asset managers and investors. Fund administration systems and investment accounting software can help you not only lower your costs and improve efficiency but also add value in new ways for your clients.
Fund administration system challenges: efficiency, compliance and adding value
An increasingly strategic approach to fund administration systems is causing organizations to optimize certain processes through automation and workflow technology and outsource others to external technology providers. In addition, many larger institutions have grown significantly by acquisition and have faced the challenge of consolidating multiple legacy platforms while servicing more complex combinations of asset classes.
Then there is the unavoidable cost of regulation. With fund administrators set to spend an estimated total of $14.1 billion on eight new requirements alone, including the Dodd-Frank Act, the Alternative Investment Funds Management Directive (AIFM) and the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATC), investment in fund administration systems is vital for compliance and reporting.
Additionally, to grow their top line, more fund administrators are also using technology to differentiate themselves and offer extra services. As a result, asset managers are now outsourcing a growing range of business processes to fund administrators.
SunGard provides a range of market-leading fund administration solutions and services for fund administrators, helping them:
- Ensure highly automated, efficient and compliant fund administration processes across asset classes
- Provide additional business process outsourcing services
Find out more about SunGard’s fund administration solutions, which can be installed on-site or deployed on a software as a service (SaaS) basis:
- Asset Arena Investment Accounting – mutual, institutional and hedge fund administration
- Asset Arena Transfer Agency – mutual funds shareholder record keeping
- InvesTier – hedge fund investor and fund-of-funds accounting
- Investran – private equity fund administration
The following services from SunGard help fund administrators optimize their processes, reducing duplication and scope for manual error:
- Asset Arena Pricing Services – data validation and pricing
- FastVal – independent evaluation of OTC derivatives
- Managed services – outsource the management of technology platforms to SunGard
- Solution consulting – benefit from professional services expertise in optimizing processes and workflows
By outsourcing processes, fund administration managers can reduce their own technology costs and focus on investment strategies rather than operations. The following outsourcing solutions from SunGard enable fund administrators to support the additional operational processes that asset managers are increasingly looking to outsource:
- Asset Arena 360 – for fund administrators to support front-office and value-added middle-office processing for boutique asset managers
- Front Arena – for fund administrators to support portfolio management and operations for hedge funds